I’ve taken over the lead for MondoRescue in September 2005. It has been 8 years these days. And since the 3rd of October 2005, I started a new branch to try to fix the first bug report (I really mean the first !) that was made !!
It took me hours to work on this branch along the years. Many times I’ve left that dev, as it wasn’t working as I wanted. Too many modifications done without testing, then a non working stuff too difficult to debug. I even included a patch from a contributor René-Marc Dolhen to add i18n support, but due to the numerous changs of branches to work on this, it never materialized in an offical MondoRescue version.
So when René-Marc contacted me back 2 weeks ago to again propose to me to add this patch renewed, I decided it was time to make something !
I’ve thus created the 3.2 branch, passed lots of hours again during my recent travel in the US to port patches from the 3.1 branch to this new one and 3.2.0 will be next MondoRescue version. I’m now testing it. trunk, stable (!) and 3.1 branches are now dead. The one after will be named devel, but that’s not for now.
3.2 now compiles, build and even runs up to the archiving point. I’ll start testing restore soon. I’ll make beta versions available as usual and will really need your help as user/contributor to test it in the various cases that you have to make it as reliable as the one we have today in 3.0.
Even if I don’t intend to maintain 3.0 for a long time in parallel with 3.2, it may be done a bit to ease the transition.
BTW, do not expect many news in 3.2. It’s 3.0 with tons of dynamic memory allocation instead of static one where it was easy to do (and done previously). More will come later on. And hopefully with the i18n patch added if René-Marc has still the force to work with me after so many years of delay !!