I wasn’t expected to be there this year, but finally one of my proposal which was on waiting list was accepted, so I’m able to be back again this year !
I’ll animate a round table on Open Source Governance during the upcoming LinuxCon in Chicago ! I really need to thank the HP Open Source Program Office and the HP EG Presales management which are funding my travel there ! Without their support, it would not have occured.
The goal of this round table is to share the latest news in the area of Open Source Governance.
Topics covered will include:
- Status on SPDX, LSB, FHS
- licenses (e.g: analysis, new comers, usage example),
- tools (e.g: license analysis, software evaluation, reference web sites),
- best governance practices (e.g: return of experience, distribution adoption of tags, portability)
I think I’ve one of the best panel that could be gathered in the US around this topic:
- Eileen Evans, VP & Deputy General Counsel of Cloud Computing and Open Source, HP
- Bradley M. Kuhn, President & Distinguished Technologist of Software Freedom Conservancy
- Gary O’Neall, Responsible for product development and technology for Source Auditor Inc
- Tom Callaway, University Outreach & Fedora Special Projects, Red Hat
So don’t hesitate to come and attend this session, which will be, I’m sure, enlightening and informative on the latest hot topics in the area of Open Source compliance, governance and licenses.
And if you want to talk with me on anything MondoRescue, Project-Builder.org, UEFI, HP and Linux or early music, I’ll be around during the full event. See you there.